What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burmannii flower care

My burmannii humpty doo is flowering and I want to make sure it stays alive afterward (I hear they have a tendency to die after flowering) and what point to harvest flowerstalk and seeds to keep generations of Lil pink humpty doos coming along
And suggestions on light distance
Tips tricks
Thanks you guys!

Wait until the bottom flowers turn brown. Then shake them over a white sheet of paper to collect seed. Don't cut stalks if you want seed, because the flowers mature over time.

I can't answer your light question, because mine are growing outside. Usually how people keep the plants alive after flowering is by feeding the plant.

Last edited:
Hey one question is it easier to cut the flower pod off to extract all the seeds better without loseing any wile shaking ? I was harvesting seeds from a Fraser Island last night and had that idea ? Or does it effect rest of stock geting rid of old flower pods

I'd shake it over the paper instead of cutting the pods off, because it's easier, and even the pod you cut doesn't ripen at once. I've shaken flowers and received 100s of seed. Then the next day I receive another 100+ of seed.

Back