Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for plan B?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Update!

The new leaves are coming in nicely, and I noticed that I accidentally grew a leaf cutting! I must have left a trimmed off leaf in the old pot, because I saw one with a tiny spat on it! Happy day! If I don't screw this up, I can have two spatulata. Yay! I probably will not post pics until I get time (busy week coming up), but those will come here soon. Capensis seedlings are looking good as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking pictures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good! Glad to see this plant recovered.

Out of curiosity, do you know if the leaf that sprouted in the old pot was one that looked like it was dying or one that was new?
    The worst thing [about being an adult] is when you realize that oreos are just OK
    --Zach Weinersmith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by schmiggle View Post
    Looking good! Glad to see this plant recovered.

Out of curiosity, do you know if the leaf that sprouted in the old pot was one that looked like it was dying or one that was new?
    It looked like it was dying, so I had cut it off (It looked like it does now actually, the same amount of brown even). It didn't even have any tentacles! I had kind of been hoping that this would happen too. as of now, spat #2 is forming and opening it's first carnivorous leaves. an interesting side note is how the plant is not growing out of the center of the plant like I have read that they usually do.

Well, I'm glad I won't have to watch the plant that got me into this hobby die, and now I have a shot at making a hybrid (VERY eventually). out of boredom, I had put a few capensis seeds in the pot with it, and they have started to grow as well. They're still dwarfed by even the little spat! I put a few on a cotton pad, to see how they root. The cotton pad would be an ideal material if I find it does not break down or anything, but that's a post for another time.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're going to need healthy new leaves to be sure, but from what I can see of the old ones, your plant is tokaiensis, not spatulata
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    You're going to need healthy new leaves to be sure, but from what I can see of the old ones, your plant is tokaiensis, not spatulata
    It came marked as spatulata, but I can see how you could see tokaiensis. The older leaves are so deformed and mutated they probably should not be used for identification. All of the other leaves are new, but I'm going to wait at least a month or so for it to open up more leaves for Identification. Either plant has similar conditions. I'm just glad it didn't die on me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12