What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis Aquatica germination??

I'm a little confused about thees seed. I thought you had use the bleach method for thees or something similar. How ever someone I follow in Instagram said the just planted them and they sprouted. Am I mistaken? How should I be planting these?

B. liniflora is the only known species that will sprout without some sort of treatment (and then, usually I soak them in water anyway); all others need the smoke, GA3, or bleach treatment.

B. liniflora is the only known species that will sprout without some sort of treatment (and then, usually I soak them in water anyway); all others need the smoke, GA3, or bleach treatment.

Could they not be Aquatica then? They are labeled as such but he said he did nothing to them.

Byblis annual species will sprout without any treatment if you seeds are fresh ;)

The fresh part is probably the trick. I ordered some from a retailer, and they looked old, peaked, not well filled out, and did not germinate worth a hoot. PM me for more info and I will let you know who you probably don't want to waste your $$ on.:)

How fresh is fresh then? They all have the chemical inhibitor still, and I've not until now heard of anyone give such a claim for any other than liniflora.

So with thees being annual do I have to germinate seeds every year to keep them going?

Same answer than plant heaten :)
I had to soak my first batch of b. aquatica in ga3 , now they sprout naturally in sphagnum moss when the seeds fall down to the motherplants

Back