What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting questions

• Thread starter Fresh Hex
  • Start date
The biggest problem with that light is the amount of space it will cove. 2 pots if there small. You can get a 300w one that will cove a 24 x 24 space hung at about 24 inches.

The biggest problem with that light is the amount of space it will cove. 2 pots if there small. You can get a 300w one that will cove a 24 x 24 space hung at about 24 inches.

Thanks for replying. 300W lights are a bit more expensive, is there a particular one you recommend?

If cost is an issue. Wall mart has a 48" 3200 loom LED shop light for around $20. Hang it about 14 inches off your plants and the will do fine. I'm using 2 over my pings and dews But only for more coverage.

If this is your first time growing, I'd stick with something known to be good lighting. 2 48" T-8 fluorescent fixtures (4 bulbs total) would work very well.

Hope this helps.

Back