Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are these sundew seeds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acro View Post
    I agree with the others, those are not sundew seeds. However, it would be interesting to see what they are. If you do not want to sprout them, I'd be interested in them. Either way, I can send you some Cape Sundew leaf cuttings if you'd like. They are very easy to get plants from and quicker than seeds. Check out the website GrowSundews.com for some great info and pictures. It really helped me learn a lot about sundews and I've been referencing it for years.

Good Luck!
    I just discovered growsundews.com a couple days ago. It is a great site. Thanks to that site my 13 yr old son and I just rinsed our peat in prep for some seeds. How can you safely ship leaf cuttings w/out them dying or freezing before they get to their location?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devkatie View Post
    I just discovered growsundews.com a couple days ago. It is a great site. Thanks to that site my 13 yr old son and I just rinsed our peat in prep for some seeds. How can you safely ship leaf cuttings w/out them dying or freezing before they get to their location?
    By using moist paper towels to wrap the leaf cuttings, a plastic bag to hold the moisture, and an insulated box to keep out the cold. However I'd only suggest shipping them if the temp was above freezing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acro View Post
    I agree with the others, those are not sundew seeds. However, it would be interesting to see what they are. If you do not want to sprout them, I'd be interested in them. Either way, I can send you some Cape Sundew leaf cuttings if you'd like. They are very easy to get plants from and quicker than seeds. Check out the website GrowSundews.com for some great info and pictures. It really helped me learn a lot about sundews and I've been referencing it for years.

Good Luck!
    I forgot to mention I can send you some of the mystery seed of you really want to try them.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12