What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New leaves withering

• Thread starter katrinard
  • Start date
My plant has been doing well until recently. My new leaf that had yet to unravel turned gray and died. Im wondering if its a fluke or something to be concerned about. It has been sitting in distilled water in a window and I have a supplemental light since its winter.
2bd6c090faa20beba56baa67c6797745.jpg
bf659c7ce034cc43dce9fcc7d6fcd71c.jpg
892bef3b298d8b0bae45571a903720a3.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Are you sure you're providing enough light for the plant? I brought some binatas inside over the winter and they started doing that (along with extremely elongated petioles) due to low light levels.

Are you sure you're providing enough light for the plant? I brought some binatas inside over the winter and they started doing that (along with extremely elongated petioles) due to low light levels.
I have been concerned that the lights arent strong enough.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The binata complex does best in full, blazing sun. The only time I've seen truly great growth on any of mine were after I moved them all outside with the Sarracenia.

Back