What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosophyllum spring 2018

• Thread starter fredg
  • Start date
Lovely pics, Fred! My plants are always windblown and have dog hair and old exoskeletons stuck to them.

That's really nice. Gives me high hopes for the drosophyllum I have going.

Nice, look good! Do they self pollinate, or will you be helping?

I just left them to it last year Andrew and several produced seed.

I grew them as annuals in the 80's so in 2016 I decided to return to them and keep a few going. Result is they're doing OK.

The sweet smelll of honey in that greenhouse is a bonus, much better than the sweet smell of parfum de chat in with the Sarracenia.

droso 12-5.jpg

droso 1 12-5.jpg

Drosophyllum.jpg

Last edited:
Budding is progressing.(I'll not post all the photos :-)))

Droso bud.jpg

This is a beauty at full size. Such a shame this Forum doesn't accept the Google Photo's embed code.

Droso bud 1.jpg

I thought the flowers were supposed to open up that far. For some reason my plant only seems to half-open them. Lots more on the way though.

Lol Nim, if you got up earlier you may see them more open :p

Lol Nim, if you got up earlier you may see them more open :p

Nah all the flowers I've had only opened halfway and stayed that way for the entire day. My Byblis guehoi has been doing the same thing lately too, even though the first flowers I got from it all opened properly.

Very nice. The sulfur yellow of the flowers is so vibrant.

This Drosophyllum appears to be addicted to flowering! I believe it is time for an intervention.

Back