Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drosera Aliciae Brownish Leaves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Drosera Aliciae Brownish Leaves

Hello all,

Firstly I greet you, I was following the forum before i register, it is a little bit strange coincidence i had a problem on my aliciae and my membership. Two days i saw some of my aliciae's leaves were brownish, before that there were some much dews on it. Now it is less. And brownish leaves are scary.I uprooted but couldnt see anything. The humidity is %61, temperature is 28-30 C degree, there is a light on it which is far away from the plant 12 cm. 18watt 6500K flourecent 1000 lumen. I am only using distilled water. The soil is somehow i don't know what is that but it came with that from cresco carnivorus, not peat moss not spaghnum. I also water it once in every 3 day with tray method. A while ago three consecutive days , i put it 3 hour direct sunlight before afternoon. I have this for 1 month i don't know the exact age. So, what am i doing wrong? Is it completely without no solution or still there is a chance? If there is a chance aswell, i ordered a 15lt Garten Gold brand peat moss for changing the medium( which i don't know is it a good brand) Thank you
    Quick reminder: I can provide more photos if you want to ask.

Best regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drosera Aliciae Brownish Leaves-20180515_172152-jpg  
    Last edited by Jmetalian; 05-15-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see old leaves starting to senesce on plants that need a lot more light, and that's about it (though this is a plant that has very, very long roots, so putting them in a large, much deeper pot would be good). D. aliciae has no problem growing in full sun so long as it's acclimated, and it needs time to acclimate to new conditions during which time old leaves will die off and the dew will disappear.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok then, due to the coincidence i thought i killed the plant. Today, i changed the soil with peat moss with perlite and with a bigger pot i also made the soil moisturized, thing is i added the water to tray and pot sits there, somehow it is not absorbing the water immediately. I also distribute the perlite and peat moss uniformly. Does the peat moss absorb the water slowly ? I have never used before.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A location in your profile could help people when answering questions.

The peat doesn't need to soak up all the water immediately. I would have the plant continuously sitting in an inch or more of water except in winter. Was the peat moist or dry when you replanted?
    Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I specified as you suggest the location. The peat moss was moist while I was repotting it. I sprayed distilled water onto peat moss. It was not wet, a bit moisty. Also should i spray distilled water to the leaves for adding humidity?
    Last edited by Jmetalian; 05-17-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not spray the foliage.
    Yaprakları püskürtmeyin

Are you standing the pot in water?
    Bitki suda mı duruyor?
    Fred

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently , the pot stays on the water. My worry is , all of the dews are disappeared and while it is like that i can't feed it with alive bugs. They don't stick. Normally how should it take for recovering the dews from the scratch, if the proper conditions are provided?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the correct conditions - more light and more water - as you are now providing the plant should recover and improve. You do not have to feed it.

Doğru şartlar ile - daha fazla ışık ve daha fazla su - şu anda size verdiğiniz gibi bitkiyi iyileştirmeli ve iyileştirmelisiniz. Onu beslemek zorunda değilsin.
    Fred

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast