What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis struggling after repotting

IMG_1761.JPG

I've had this plant for about 6 months and I just re potted it about a week ago. It started off in some moss placed in a cup, but I realized this wasn't the best idea, so I bought some carnivorous plant soil (peat moss, perlite, vermiculite, and some sand) and I gently removed it from the moss and placed it into the soil. I watered the soil some and put it back in its old spot. It had been growing fine in that spot, so I don't think it's the location. Does anyone have any advice on how to recover this little guy? It just recently started drooping and having the leaves turn black. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

'Looks to me like, perhaps, it is too dry. Is it sitting in a tray that always has water in it? Soil mixture sounds o.k., though I only use vermiculite for very specific things myself.

Drosera always look a little rough after repotting. Give it a week to grow some new leaves. However, vermiculite isn't a very good ingredient for drosera. It is more nutrient rich and breaks down more readily. I'd repot again into a mix that does not contain it.

The water may have gotten a bit low after repotting. The new soil is very spongy, so I think I underestimated how much water I needed. I'll add more water these next few days and see if that helps! Thank you!

I also like to dome or bag a plant after repotting.
I leave it for 2 - 4 weeks, depending on when the dew returns.
No direct sun until it's uncovered though, you'll cook it.

Back