Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Does my first CP look ok?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does my first CP look ok?

I got a live drosera capensis online, my first journey into the CP world. As soon as it arrived I followed the instructions and soaked the LFS in distilled water and put it in a slighlty larger pot than the one that it came with.

After I potted it I noticed a few of the ends were turning black. The seller told me they'll regrow and it shouldnt be a problem. I saw a post on here that said often sundews look a little ratty when they first arrive but bounce back.

Its been 2 weeks now...the plant doesnt look like its bouncing back to me, but since ive never grown one before I dont really know. Could someone take a look and let me know if it looks OK? Here's pic of the lil guy...

Does my first CP look ok?-plant1-jpg

Does my first CP look ok?-plant5-jpg
    Last edited by mutex; 05-13-2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Added better pic

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks fine. 2 weeks still isn't very long to have been growing a drosera. New growth seems green, which is all you need.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is typical for receiving a new plant and re-potting it. They tend to kill off much of the previous growth (leaves, pitchers, etc) and grow them anew. Quite a few nepenthes I've received took months before finally pitchering again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The old leaves will remain looking bad, but the central point (where the new leaves grow from) is what you need to watch. The plant should push out new leaves, but it does take some time.
    Good Luck!