What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My drosera capensis is growing a new...root? Should I do something with it?

• Thread starter Zuzka
  • Start date
Hello All!

I've had my sundew for a few years and it's seemed pretty happy. Perhaps a bit tall, but grows flower stalks yearly or more and actually has two this year. It once had a flower that turned into a tiny sundew, but the poor little squirt didn't make it. Anyway, now it's growing what I'm guessing is a root. As my drosera is on the taller side I'm not sure if I should just let it do its thing, or would it be better to somehow get the root closer to its potting medium? Any wisdom on this would be much appreciated! I want my dew happy and thriving. :)

Thanks,

Zuzka

Hmmm. I've been trying to add a photo, but keep getting an error message. The root is a pink, potato-like, two centimeter long and roughly 4mm wide thing that has branched.

You don't need to do anything with the roots that a capensis makes along its stem. They're fine on their own. If you feel like it you can cut the root and use it to propagate a new plant.

Thank you so much! Hmmm, I like this propagation idea. I will look further into that. :)

Back