What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis bit dry

My capensis has neared the end of its flowering and the moisture has decreased on the leaves. If I cut off the flower stalks will it come back to life or is something wrong with it which needs more drastic treatment?

Has anything changed in it's evironment recently?? By "moisture has decreased on the leaves" I am assuming you mean the dewy globs are gone from the ends of the tentacles.. usually when that happens it means the plant has dried out too much at the roots or the humidity has dropped too low.

Tony

I don't think anything has changed as the windowsill is in the kitchen so gets a lot of moistrue from the condensation and the plant is still in its tray of water topped up. Yes you were right with my problem I just had a blank with my words yesterday!

I'm good at kiiling sundews but here goes...

Flowering can cause the dew to go off for a while...if it isn't root rot or anything else...

Thanks Cindy I think I've seen you're guide to drossera extinctions on here. I thought it might be the fact its flowered after all that would take some of the strength away from the rest of the plant. It has plenty of water and the humidity in the kitchen is OK for my neps which are rampant on the same sill.

Back