What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fastest movements

What sundews besides D. pauciflora, D. burmannii ,and D. scorpioides move fast, and what sundews have leaves besides D. capensis that roll over their prey?

Two notable omissions from your list would be D. glanduligera and D. regia.  D. regia probably has the most discernable motion of any cp, often tying itself in a knot about the prey, whereas D. glanduligera probably has the fastest response.

almost all sundews roll in a ball around their prey. alilia, (I know it's spelled wrong, lol) Drosera spatulata, D. regia, D. capensis, all of the Rosetted Subtropical Sundews, and I think all of the forked drosera roll around their prey
EDIT: Oh, and don't forget pygmies!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Feb. 28 2003,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">almost all sundews roll in a ball around their prey. alilia, (I know it's spelled wrong, lol) Drosera spatulata, D. regia, D. capensis, all of the Rosetted Subtropical Sundews, and I think all of the forked drosera roll around their prey
EDIT: Oh, and don't forget pygmies![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I haven't witnessed that on spatulata or binata. I have seen the hairs around the prey move to it though.

Thank you all for replying.

The binata do it, but just a little, and it seems as the leaves age, they stop.

bicalmovement.jpg

Back