What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi !!
I received from a friend my first tuberous sundews.
These are:
-D. peltata ssp. Auriculata
-D. stolonifera ssp. Stolonifera ‘Hills form’
-D. menziesii ssp. Menziesii
-D. ramellosa ‘esperance’

I like to make carnivorous associations of species that also in nature grow together. (For exemple: cephalotus and drosera hamiltonii).
Is it possible to grow these tuberous drosera in the same pot?
Do they live in the same geographical area of Australia?
Are their ecology and requirements quite similar?

Kind regards

rajah

It all depends on how big the plants are you may not want to crowed them in teh same pot unless it's pretty big.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rajah @ Sep. 24 2002,9:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi !!
I received from a friend my first tuberous sundews.
These are:
-D. peltata ssp. Auriculata
-D. stolonifera ssp. Stolonifera ‘Hills form’
-D. menziesii ssp. Menziesii
-D. ramellosa ‘esperance’

I like to make carnivorous associations of species that also in nature grow together. (For exemple: cephalotus and drosera hamiltonii).
Is it possible to grow these tuberous drosera in the same pot?
Do they live in the same geographical area of Australia?
Are their ecology and requirements quite similar?

Kind regards

rajah[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Greetings,
Possible to put them all in one pot but would be easier to separate them into own pots. You will probably find that they will all be on different cycles with the stolonifera and the peltata only going dormant for a brief time while the other two sleeping a bit longer.
Stolonifera will produce additional tubers in a season or two and keeping it in its own pot will make it easier to remove (if you want) the additional tubers.
Hope this helps
tounge.gif

Back