What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apartment living

I

Ihateflies

I live in Central KY and my apartment is fairly warm & humid, being that it's June, and I seem to keep getting a steady stream of small flies/gnats that get inside from my A/C vent which are annoying. I got a window that gets a good 8 to 10 hrs of sunlight a day which I can put it near, but no plans for constant lighting or a terrarium.

1)Would it be feasible to have a sundew in my apartment giving the temperature factor?
2)If I do get it, could I leave it in the pot from PFT.com or would I need to get a terrarium?

I'm on a budget and can't afford to have a light running the whole night/day.

Thanks

hmm..seems the conditions are great for a cape sundew or other subtropical drosera. Pft usually sell good plants in 3inch pots, but with most plants, they will get bigger and should be kept in a larger pot. Also, 8-10 hours of light is ALOT, maybe TOO much, 3 hours is great already. message me or email if you are in need of more info or whatever good luck-Zach

Back