What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Drosera species from S.A.

Hi, just wanted to let you all know that pics of some of the 6 new species from South Africa are available on the G.P.F Forum.

Go to G.P.F Forum and look for:

D. afra, D. coccipetala, D. longiscapa and D. liniflora.

I really liked the picture of D. coccipetala, a very unusual flower.

They choose the name Liniflora just to make Linifolia confusing didn't they, lol.  Cool though
smile.gif

Nice pics!  I liked D. coccipetala the best also, but now I want to learn German.  At least enough to read the posts
biggrin.gif

I have seen the photos. It's always nice to see new forms being described, but remember these are species nova and have yet to be accepted. At first inspection these forms seem very similar to other species previously described, but these matters often depend on small measurements. Time will tell. I wish there was a photo up of the newly described Drosera peruensis published by Silva, et al.!

This might help... it isn't perfect but you can get an idea what is being said. Sentence structure doesn't always come across which makes for some interesting reading;>

translator

Tony

Back