What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungicide

Okay, I give up, this stuff isn't going away without a fungicide.  What chemicals are exceptable for sundew and what strength should I be looking for?  I can't go by brand names because every brand name product sugested to me so far is not for sale in the area (and I'd rather not mail order).

For those wondering about the fungi, it followed my baby sundews from their not so good growing conditions into their good growing conditions.  It doesn't seem to bother them much, but I'm sick of it coming back every time I remove it (Alcohal got rid of the other 3 pests from the old soil though
smile.gif
)

Darcie, are you increasing airflow to you plants (if they are in a terrarium) and/or top water your plants at least once a week? I hear this works well.

Jeremy

Oh yes, it's just that these little plants dry out quite easy. The Fungi (a sticky long fiberd mold), finds safty in the dewy leaves of my plants. Through various non-toxic chemical methoids, I've removed 3 other fungi, and 2 algea things just fine. It's just this blasted other one that gives me trouble. Perhaps I can try using a mister to beat it down a few million times and see if it gives up. Thanks for the sugestion.

captan works well for me, although it tends to dry out my sundews a bit. It might be that I'm using too high a concentration of the chemical though. Either way, it kills the fungus dead!
rolleyes.gif
hehe

Back