What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's that!?

W

Warped54321

A few minutes ago I was checking on my plants when I noticed that out of one of my Drosera spathulata "fraiser island form" (which are really small) their was something coming out of the center, at first i thought it might be a flower stalk. Then I thought it might be a weed, then I noticed the same thing coming out of the center of another plant. It looks like a small plant sprouting shooting out of the center of my plants, It has a small fragile stem with two little round leaves. So is this a weed poping out my plants
confused.gif
or is it a flower stalk (which is what I really think it is, i'm just trying to get a second opinion before I screw up my plants.), or could it just be a normal part of the plant that's nothing out of the ordinary at all, and i'm going crazy over nothing.

These spathulata's I have are really small (roughly 1 cm wide) and they arrived with dead flower stalks on them.)

thanx-warped

Usually, flowers stalk emerge looking looking like a 'spiral' if you look it be its sides: it is all rolled up on itself and slowly unroll as it grows. If you see the 'tiny leaves' with a stalk, it is unlikely to be a flowers stalk. Perhaps a moss or your old flowers stalk dropped seeds and their are sprouting?

Back