What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doesn't anybody grow Drosophyllum !

Just wanted to know how many people here cultivate Drosophyllum lusitanicum. If you do, just say "I do", although pics would be nice too.

Thanks,
Mike
biggrin.gif

LOL, well does "going too soon" count? I have one that is saved for me till it gets bigger. Not alot of people have one cuz it doesnt ship well (thats what i heard).

I have some (from bonnie(thanks bonnie&#33
wink.gif
but unfortunatly, they haven't sprouted yet
sad.gif
but they should sprout pretty soon though.
smile.gif

I do

I do - but killed some after flowering in spring over the past few years...

BUMP ^ , anways , i don't grow this plant but does anybody know where i can get ahold of the seeds in the USA .

I do,

seeds germinated about 2 months ago, had about 10 seeds but only 2 germinated so far...
One question I have, I heard 2 of these plants should not be close to each other or even in the same pot, but when I placed the seeds I forgot about that, so now both are growing in the same pot (ABout 8 cm from each other). Will one of them die?

Thanx

dpine.jpg

It's a myth, perpetuated in the litereature. This year I saw plants growing side by side in nature in Spain, as have others. Check out the link above, Jan and Kamil's Drosophyllum webpage explains how they grow together in cultivation without problems too.

Vic

Thanx Vic,

I was a bit worried. It's a great site you posted, it will defenately help alot!!

Thanx

I have several 3-year-old Drosophyllum plants growing together in the same pot and also single plants in their own pots. I cannot tell any difference. However, I also have 3-year-old Drosophyllum plants growing in 8-inch, 6-inch, and 4-inch pots. Without question, the larger the pot, the larger the plant.

Back