What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 flower stalks!

My D Intermedia started sending up a stalk a little while ago, after finally getting a good amount of dew. I was glad it finally seemed happy...now it seems waaay too happy. I've been looking and I can see 4 more flower stalks in various stages of development starting to come up. Is this too many? Is my plant going to flower itself to death? Any thoughts on if I should cut any of the stalks? Here's the breakdown right now:

stalk 1: just about to flower
stalk 2: just making it beyond the leaves (maybe a week behind 1)
stalk 3: just starting to grow and curl (about a week behind 2)
stalks 4 and 5: Very small, barely visible hidden in the leaves

I'm really not sure if there are any more hiddn in there. It's sometimes hard to tell since the stalks look similar to leaves until they start to grow. Thanks guys!
smile.gif

it should be fine, my drosera spatulatas have 40 flower stalks and still counting! I've seen no bad effects on the plant so far, only I'm gonna be buried in 10 feet of seed soon
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
It must be flowering season or somethg... my ontermedia is also sending up five flower stalks! Here's to us getting lots of seeds, and our plants remaining healthy!

Sounds like a great Plan, just make sure the pods don't blow away! A reasonable amount of seeds to give away per packet would be 20-40

Do all D intermedia's self polinate themself?? They keep on opening when I'm in school.
sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LenG444 @ Sep. 02 2003,5:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do all D intermedia's self polinate themself??  They keep on opening when I'm in school.
sad.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
From what I understand they do. Of course, not all buds will make seeds. I've heard that very gently pinching the bud after it closes helps make sure it pollinates, but I haven't tried it. Don't feel bad, mine always open when I'm at work.
sad.gif

Back