What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uh oh...I just learned how to post pics!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Won't I be embarrassed if this doenst work! lol ok...here goes....

pygmybloomRS.jpg

I just love these..d. occidentalis x occidentalis. They are so beautiful!

(I hope you can SEE they are beautiful). :)

Suzanne

Woo hoo!! Congrats... beautiful pic.
wink.gif

Great Picture.

Care to share what your setup is, media and lighting conditions?

Also, congratulations to Tamlin for joining the Elite Moderators circle...

Cheers

great plants! i cant even get mine to live properly!they arent producing any leaves and each plant lookis like a green bump.

Excellent picture!
The plants are great. Very healthy looking.
C'mon now, you got no exscuse! we wanna see more of your pics! All of em!

Wow, thos ARE really nice!!!
What do you feed a pygmy sundew?

As to what to feed them, I treat them like my other CP: when outside they take care of their own needs in this regard.

Awwww....thanks for all the compliments. Actually the plants looks MUCH prettier in person than in the pic (y'all come on over! hehe). My digital camera is a good one but its one weakness is close ups. So I'm keeping my eye out for a new camera...if/when I can afford one. The "paddles" are blood red and the flowers are actually pink (not white like they look in the picture) with little dark pink marks inside. Very pretty.

Richard...that's a dangerous thing...to ask me for more pics. :biggrin: I have tons...not only my CPs but almost everything else I have. But don't worry...I'm not gonna bore anyone with a million pics (maybe a FEW though). :shocked: My CP pics aren't real great because of the lack of close-up capability. But I'm sure I will post a few more. :)

Pthiel...most of my droserae are in a tank. They are potted individually in soil mixes that contain any combination of peat, sand, perlite (loathe it but use it), charcoal, vermiculite and/or sphagnum. The tank is lighted by two sets of fluorescent lights (1 Gro-Lux and 1 cool white in each fixture). The temps hang around 70-75º mostly but can go higher.

I just wanted to post that pic as a nudge for anyone who thinks the pygmies aren't worth messing with because they are "so tiny." Maybe one little "pyggie" is a lonely soul, but a colony is a beauty to behold!

And pygmies eat whatever they catch...obviously nothing tooooo big but fungus gnats are small enough and other little bugs.

Suzanne

I hope you don't mind but I borrowed your pic to see if I could bring out some of the true color. Let me know if you don't like and I'll remove it. (Couldn't get the pink in the flowers)

pygmybloomRS_web.jpg

Thanks Dyfam. :) Actually I can do that myself. But what happens is, the boost in color occurs over the entire picture resulting in too much red/orange in other areas of the photo (like in the soil). I guess the plants themselves could be selected and then color adjusted. Nothing I tried could get the pink in the flowers. Thats more the fault of the camera not being able to get close enough. But if I get a new camera...I'm gonna be dangerous. :cheesy:

Thanks for the adjusted photo, Dyflam! :)

Suzanne

Back