What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey everyone,

Does anyone here know of a good website with information about the dormancy requirements of various species of pygmy droserae? I am looking for info on the dormancy for Drosera: closterostigma, microscapa, palacea ssp. trichocaulis, roseana, miniata and eneabba.

Also has anyone here grown D.rechingera with success? from gemmae? or seed? Does this specie form gemmae that do not grow or are extremely difficult to grow from?

Any info would be greatly appreciated:)

Hi Richard,

I have already found that page. The site has a lot of pics to help with identification but not much info on plants.

Hi Richard,

I have already found that page. The site has a lot of pics to help with identification but not much info on plants. Thanks anyways:)

I remember that someone did post a pg on care dormancy info. for various pygmies a few months ago. Just cannot remember which topic/post contained the link.

I have already checked those two website. They both have excellent info on the care of various pygmy droserae, but I cannot find info. about the dormancy of the droserae in question(D.eneabba, miniata, closterostigma etc.).

Another question just popped up on my mind: Where can laterite and red loam be obtained? What can substitute for these soils?

CP2K,
Laterite can be obtained at pet shops as aquarium laterite. Red Loam I have had no luck with at all.
I have a spreadsheet from Robert Gibson that shows all the WA species and their dormancy periods, flowering times, etc. I will have it up on the CP of Western Australia site within the next week or so if that would help you out.

Cheers

Carnivore,

The link does not seem to work:(

pthiel,

Thanks very much. It would definetly help me and other growers of pygmy droserae with this info.

Back