What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera madicariensis

Wow, I really like this plant... I was wondering, did anyone have one or seeds, or plantlets??? Name a price/trade/wutever... I'm flexible... Heres the picture that made me like them...

D_madagascariensis_1.jpg

Note the Fly :biggrin:

Oh yea, wut kind of growing conditions does it need? Its tuberous, right?

(Edited by Parasuco at 9:21 am on April 20, 2002)

Drosera madagascariensis is found in tropical Africa and Madagascar. It is not tuberous. This is a sensitive species which enjoys wet conditions in my culture, dying back after flowering, returning from the roots. I currently have one plant formerly "sp. Botswana" which is more forgiving, and will share seed of it when possible. Another variety is under cultivation now and plants should be available fall/winter.

I have some madagascariensis and sp.Botswana(thanks to Tamlin) that are growing from seed.
the madagascariensis germinated last Dec. and have barely grown in size until this spring. They are growing larger and larger now. I may have seeds next fall to give away.

madagascariensis is a tropical drosera which grows best in peat/sand/perlite or peat/sand. I have mine in a potted terrarium and its already 4 inches tall! I have both rhodsei and botswana forms. I have an extra botswana for trade (its a inch diamter plant , no stalk yet though). message me if intersted.

Wow, thank you everybody!

This is really neat. Reiteration... Nees to be wet, obviously humid... Does it need really hot temps?

Thanks.

no hot temps needed. just terrarium/home temp

Back