What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. Adelea

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
Has anyone ever "killed" their D.Adelea, and pulled it out of it's pot just to find the roots were starting to make new shoots?

I thought the sucker was toast? Am I just getting lucky or is this normal?

This is quite normal. For me, the plant does best in the cooler weather, growing well and flowering. After flowering, it is not uncommon for the rosettes to die back: for me this is during the summer. Now that the nights are again getting cool, my plants are growing again. If yours are in terraria, now is a good time to do some housekeeping by trimming the old brown leaves off as they may provide a start for mold that could affect the plant.

Thanks Tamlin,
Mine did just flower (no seeds though
mad.gif
sad.gif
)

AND it's getting cooler out. Good thing I didn't through the sucker away!
smile.gif

My D. Adelea wilted black and died. I up-rooted it and found the roots to be still intact. Not having to much hope, I repotted the roots in sphagnum moss and basically left it alone for a week or two. To my surprise, the dead plant had sprouted little d. adelea from the roots.

Amazing plant
wow.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

You know, I check it this morning, and I found the same thing....little dewey leaves poking throught the soil! Tough little buggers, aren't they.

Adeleas are not known for seeds as I have tried that method before. They mostly seed out shoots. My adeleas went through the same phase of almost death. Then I purchased a 10-gallon terrarium and they are doing mighty fine.

travis

Same thing happened to me, the main plant died and the roots remain. After that new plants came up.
biggrin.gif

Back