What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr. lanata & petiolaris

both plants are flowering at the moment (the first time ever that I had 2 petiolaris Drosera flowering at the same time)
Would it be possible to cross them and get seed, because they aren't self-fertile ?

thanks

Martin

My understanding is that all of the petiolaris complex will cross, I have crosses of lanata x paradoxa, darwinensis x falconeri and falconeri x lanata. I am attempting to cross falconeri and the lanata x paradoxa (only 2 currently flowering) now.

Good luck & Cheers

Even complex hybrids like pthiel is trying are possible, so go for it! Please consider me for seed should it work out for you, I would love to try some hybrids! I'm trying paradoxa x (falconeri x darwinensis) so we'll see how this one goes.

pthiell,

Is your lanata x paradoxa mature? If so, what do they look like?

The reason I'm asking is that I made this cross some weeks back and it would be nice to know what to expect, if they set seed that is.

Regards,

Christer

I will try to get a picture up for you, have to devlop some film first, digital did not survive the kids.

Cheers

Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Regards,

Christer

Back