What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kinds move

• Thread starter leftyman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly
L

leftyman

what kind of sunduws move that you can buy at pet fly trap.com?

WLCOME TO THE FORUMS!
I hope you get all of your questions answered and have a good time.

all of the sundews at petflytrap move. what kind of move do you want? just the tentecles, or the whole leaf?

I am not sure but I think all sundews move . If your just getting started with sundews go for the cape sundews or the ones this site sells that are easy to grow.

Most Drosera species move, but the motion is not immediately apparent in most of them. Capensis, burmanii, regia are some that are more rapid than others.

My spathulata, and burmanii are my two biggest movers. The spathulata folds its entire leaf over the prey(although this can take some time), and you can watch burmanii move if you stimulate the outer retentive tenticle enough. It is very cool to watch!

Cole

My spatulata catches lots of gnats, and the leaves look like clenched fists while eating....kinda cool
biggrin.gif

My Capensisies (plural spelling?) are a little more relaxed, they just bend a little usually.

I have a capensis 'alba that has fully wrapped itself in a knot around a moth. Kinda funny looking.

With D. capensis, the larger the meal, the more it folds around its prey.

D. Capensis do wrap around their prey but the prey has to be small. I usaully end up crippling the prey befor puting it on the the Capensis. Then again it is nice to just see the plant with zero bugs on it...if you know what I mean.
smile.gif
After awhile the bugs do not look all that great on the plant.

travis

after dijesting, it is Very easy to "clean" the plant with tweezers.
smile.gif
they release their prey after digesting, so it's not that messy.

Back