What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone growing d. cuneifolia

This plant is en route to me, and I was hoping to learn the do's and don't's of growing it. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I've only had my plants for a about a month, so I can't offer advice based on my own experience with this species. However, I have discussed their requirements with successful growers over here in England. Three tips:

1. In common with quite a few S. African Drosera they like quite a deep pot to accomodate thier extensive root system.

2. They can rapidly go into decline for no apparent reason, even after growing succefully for several years, so keep up propagation (leaf cuttings, seeds).

3. Don't let them get too hot, they enjoy similar temperatures to D. regia.

Not much help, but a bit.

Cheers

Vic

I have grown this plant for a few years. I would agree with Vic's comments above, and would add that they can die back for no apparent reason but then will often resprout again from the roots. Root cuttings work very well for this species but I have never managed to get it to flower.

Where do you guys get them? It is my number one wanted drosera lol.

Well, I swapped mine here in the UK. I would have had a lot more, but unfortunately I lost quite a few Droseras recently by using some broken polystyrene in the bottom of the pots. They didn't like that at all. I managed to rescue a small bit of root of my cunefolia and it is now sprouting again

Back