What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tall and bushy

I drew a blank this morning when trying to plan my spring planting for my patio. Does anyone know which Sundew it is that gets fairly tall and very bush-like. I seem to remember it having an orangish color. I think it was like dichotoma or dichotoma gigantis, I'm not sure, does anyone know which plant I'm talking about?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows of a drosera that will spread like a sort of like a ground cover? I'm just trying to plan my patio bog I am going to build as soon as it warms up.

The bushy sundew you were talking about is d. binata 'dichotoma giant'. D. capillaris spreads fast and makes a great "ground cover". I may be able to supply you with some of each, especially the capillaris.

Noah

Flint,

D. dichotoam 'giant' is supposed to get bush-like I guess, in fact most of the binata complex can get pretty extensive given the right conditions. D. gigantia would fit the bill to but it is a tuberous.

As for ground cover types, D. spathulata will clump some as will a few of the other rosette species (don't know which off the top of my head.) Pygmies will carpet an area with their gemmae but it'll take a little while.

Best I can do for you. Hope it gives you some ideas

Pyro

Martin, you are so mean!!! I've been dying to get even a seedling of that plant and you use it as a ground cover???

Noah

Ditto what Noah said

Thanks guys, wow that's a really cool picture.

Noah, that would really help out if you could supply me even a little. :biggrin:

I use dilatato-petiolaris as a ground cover.
smile.gif

j/k! lol =D

Back