What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is best for Mosquitos?

OK. But aren't all Nepenthes somewhat easy to grow if you get thier environment right anyways?

nep,

i have yet to create an environment that makes my nepenthes grow well...so personally, i cant say that they are easy to grow.

but id still love to see PFT carry a wide variety of them so that once ive figured out how to get my neps to grow well i can order more!

That wasn't supposed to be viewed as a question. It was to be viewed as an inquiring question to jaie. I was asking for his opinion. I think all Nepenthes are easy to grow as long as the environment is right. SO in my opinion all Nepenthes are easy to grow as long as conditions are right and the plant isn't sick or neglected.

anyway,

it would be great to see PFT carry more neps and sundews. i like to be able to order my plants online and PFT has been very dependable

Some Neps are eaiser than others.....so my goal would be those at first. ( still having available some others that are more for the expert grower ).
Easy to care for plants are better ( I think ) less chance of failure and more of a positive experience for the grower.

Sundews are coming as well as more Nepenthes and Butterworts.

Stefano-
In South Florida you may find Drosera filiformis v. tracyi one of your options, too. The plant grows naturally in the panhandle of the state and as long as you leave it outdoors during the winter where it will take advantage of the lower temps for dormancy, it will work fine. I grow them in a bog garden next to a water pond in the yard and they are usually loaded with mosquitoes that hover over the water.

Oz

Back