What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown drosera Species

timbudtwo

Shoopdawoop
drosera1.jpg

drosera2.jpg

Looks like it might be a little rotundifolia... just a guess.
confused.gif

It's pretty small, but looks like an intermedia seedling to me. Definiately not rotundifolia, the lamina on rotundifolia is more round, and often broader than long. Intermedia is usually a temperate species and has a required dormancy unless it is a tropical strain. It likes very wet conditions, often growing out of water in habitat.

yeah, i thought i may be a rotundifolia or a intermedia. but still not sure.

Ditto on what Tamlin said, it looks very much like an intermedia to me. Where'd you find it? (I assume this is a wild picture?)

-Noah

rotundifolia is wider than long, intemedia is longer than wide...

Thats what i read in a book...

confused.gif

No pygmies grow in North America...

Oh. Ok. It just looked like the picture in the savage garden.

Ok, I did some research and I think it is rotundifolia. Yes, it is a wild picture, because I made the picture and they grow behind my house, wild, in lots of spaghnum moss, next to the water by a pond. It is in New Hampshire.

I still stick with intermedia: the lamina is distinctly paddle shaped, and the coloration really leaves little doubt.

I'll second intermedia, I have both species growing outside in my bog, rotundifolia, as it's name suggests, has much rounder leaves. They are shaped more like table tennis bats than paddles.

Vic

I have got it! It is the natural hybrid between intermedia and rotundifolia! Drosera x beleziana!!! I got one from down there and it looks just like it! timbudtwo will have a pic soon!

Back