What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have four baby Aliciae\'s!!

Hello people,

I'm still in my first year of growing CP's so it's kind of exciting. I repotted my Aliciae the other day and while out of the pot, I found four new plants growing from the adults roots. I have seperated them from the adult and put all four into one pot. Question is, how long do they take to grow into adults and if I hadn't repotted, would the new plants come up through the soil considering they were deep down?

it would take about a year to rech adult size. My alcaie popped up so many babies that i should open an orphanage! hmm....i think you shoulda left them on the roots, but if they were in small rossetes already, it was ok to take em out. they would ahve popped out in a week or so. good luck

They are still attached to a root, just not from the adult plant.

Thanks.

I've lost three of them and the last one seems okay. I don't know why!!!

Congrats NOLU!

Seems d. aliciae loves to reproduce...I've had babies off of mine too. If you lost some, I'm sure you will see more growing soon.

Suzanne

Back