What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera Care

I'm getting some seed. I need care from seed to adult.
Thx

What seeds are you sowing? Anyways, jsut sow the seeds over a mix of peat/sand (damp) and water from the bottom. Allow good lighting. They will germinate fast if the seeds are fresh. good luck-Zach

d. the one that sounds like california.
confused.gif

This is straight from the Savage Garden. D. Californica is a temperate sundew. (by the way I'm abbreviating all the text) Dormancy all depends on where the plant was cultivated. Cultivated in warmer climates needs shorter and warmer dormant period..... Easy to grow if given dormancy reuirements. Should only be reproduced through leaf cuttings. Sun to part sun. Sorry this is so splotchy and unclear but I'm trying to do it fast so I can go to bed. It's a hybrid of trayci and filiformis, I think. Fifty fifty perlite/ peat. Tray method works best for watering.

Shauntell, D. Californica  is not a sundew. Where is Savage Garden does it say it is? (pg#?)

There is no species named D. tracyi, so I assume you mean D. filiformis ssp tracyi? The hybrid between D. filiformis ssp filiformis and D. filiformis ssp tracyi is D. filiformis x 'California Sunset'. I think you have it confused since both genera are abreviated with a D. and both of the plants mentioned have something to do with California.

Darlingtonia Californica
Darlingtonia.jpg

Drosera filiformis
D_filiformis_fil.jpg

lithops, is your plant Darlingtonia Californica or D. filiformis x 'California Sunset'?

Back