What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorpioides

Is anything on earth weirder than a D. scorpioides?

scorpioides.jpg

Wow, that is a nifty looking spiecies.

Now just 'cause the tentacles look like a kid stuffing his mouth full of cookies when they wrap around a gnat is no reason to say they are wierd
biggrin.gif
.   I got some for Christmas from 2 different people and they are one of my favorite presents
smile.gif
.   I like the way the tentacles spray out from the leaf.  It reminds me of fireworks on the 4th of July
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

I've got little gemmae-sprouts of scorpiodes;
smile.gif
I can't wait to see them mature!

My plants stayed rather small the first year from gemmae, but after their dormancy, you should see them now!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but after their dormancy, you should see them now![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Well, ok Mr. Dawnstar...Post a pic!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Hi,

Here is a picture of a leave, i took last year. Now my plants are 2 years old and approximately 10cm high. I have a form called Drosera scorpioides 'large'. Does anybody know, how tall this plant can become and if the form differs from the normal form in anything, except the size.

Christian

Ask and ye shall receive. This was taken shortly after the return from dormancy. The plants are double this size a month later and show no sign of slowing down. They are approx. 10 cm tall with individual lamina over 1 cm long.

Drosera_scorpioides_031803_2_r.jpg

NICE! Reminds me of all those sleazy sci-fi movies I grew up with!

Did you see the movie where the teenagers had the severed allien hand in the back seat, and it started humping its way up the back of the front seat with those hypodermic fingernails dripping allien venom.......sorta like that?

lol...lovely imagery there Tamlin. I don't think you can beat a sundew for wickedness. They are just dripping, waiting to wrap themselves around some hapless little victim. Yet they are so beautiful.

Beatiful speciman.

Also kind of looks like a wicked carnival ride.

Back