What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosophyllum

G

My Drosophyllum seed finally germinated and I was wondering what everyone uses for a growing medium? I know what "Savage Garden" says, I just wanted to know if anyone has used anything different.. and do you use clay or plastic pots?

I grow my Drosophyllum in fairly coarse lime-free sand and peat (3 sand:1 peat) in clay pots using the double pot method described by A. Slack in both of his books. This method, now known as Slack Potting, is also described in an article by P. d'Amato (Savage Garden) available on-line Slack Potting.
It is not essential to use the double pot method or to use clay pots, I have seen Drosophyllum grown well in single plastic pots too. The key to success with this plant is very careful watering.
You might want to check this paper too;

Drosophyllum

Vic

Thank you! That was exactly what I needed.
smile.gif

No problem. if you've just got them germinated you need good information to keep them growing. Pleased to help.

Vic

Back