What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pygmy drosera size & beauty

Hi All,

I was taking pics, I'm once again amazed at the intricate beauty that is packed into these tiny little pygmies!! Here's a pic to show the size for y'all who don't know
wink.gif

pygmy.jpg

and here is a drosera miniata with currency of slightly more European flavor for our visitors from the other end of the globe
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

miniata.jpg

-noah

Nice pics. I noticed that my gemmae plantlets do much better outside. Maybe I will do a pots w/in a pot approach for pygmies later on.

BTW Tamlin, the D. pulchella gemmae you sent beginning of Dec are now full-size and producing gemmae! They are also doing fine indoors.

Hi all,
very beautiful pictures, the first one looks realy like a D. miniata or androsacea growing from gemmae from the  last winter.
The second should be D. nitidula x occidentalis . by the way - good old "10 Pfennig"  from Germany
wink.gif

My Pygmy drosera are getting ready to flower too, but species like D. mannii,  playtystigma echinoblasta .. needs sometimes more time for generative phase.
I cultivate my Pygmy drosera in a greenhouse which i heats in the winter to 8-14 °C, growing light (400 w with high blue spectrum) , sandy soil. After rooting I `m carefully whith the moistness of the Substrate, so i have no problems with moss which stands in "fighting" which those small drosera
wink.gif

sorry for my bad english,

Michael

Back