What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, earlyer this year, I sent out over 100 capensis seedlings of various strains. I would like to know how they are doing. If you have some of my babies, and a little time, please share with us how they have turned out. Things like size, coloring, the like. It will be interesting to compair how they did in different enviornments as I know cultivation technques varry alot. I'll start.

'Alba': Only one of the larger strain survived and non of the smallers when the soil accidently got dried out while I was away training my grandmas new puppy. This individual is hardend off to room humidity and temps and is about 1 inch tall with no pigment, little dew and spindly leaves. AKA, I'm not real good with sundew.

'Red': Shortly after sending out my extra 'Red' seedlings, the heater in my house unexpectidly turned on and cooked my remaining plant. Yes, I know, their is a trend here.

'Typical': Exactly the same as the 'Alba'. No joke, just one of the larger strain survived and looks almost exactly the same as the sole surviving Alba. Did I mention I'm new to sundew, lol.

smile.gif
so, I'm assumeing others have had better luck? I'd like to here how things went, and have a goal to aspire to
wink.gif
Thanks all.

Back