What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Root Disturbance

G

I have a pot full of B. liniflora seedlings. My question is, can I remove them and put them in individual pots without killing them? They're about 1 1/2" tall and growing well. Everything I've read says not to disturb the roots but I'm worried about them becoming over crowded and I'd really like to give one to a friend for their birthday. Any advice or ideas?
Thanx so much
smile.gif

Purplesundew,
Your seedlings are nice and big! Mine are about 3/4". Their roots are tiny but I did replant them. I dug them up along with the "soil" and planted it elsewhere.

Yes, the trick I think is to keep the root ball as intact as possible, possibly using 2 spoons as a form of tweezers. I just transplanted some Drosera gramminifolia using this method with good results. Have the hole ready to receive the root ball, and don't lose your grip, lol. After the transplant apply a little topwatering (gently&#33
wink.gif
to settle the plant into the new pot.

Back