What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowering

I have been having some problem finding my drosera flowers when they are open.Could someone give me some advice on when the best time of day to check for the flowers are? also do rotundifolia,collinsiae, and spatulata self pollinate?Do most south african drosera self pollinate. Do pypmy drosera self pollinate?

Thanks,

Joel

In my limited experience, I've found my capensis and lake badgerup flower around noon. Of course, the weekend is coming up so check around 10,11,12, and 1. They seem to be open for about half an hour, so watch for it!

Can't help you with the self pollination question. Sorry!

Video Tape it!!!
smile.gif

Then you could speed it up too! Hehe...

Rotundifolia, I believe, is open for a very short time, usually sometime in the morning, probably around 10 or 11 as wickedthistle said. I'm pretty sure rotundifolia and spatulata will self-polinate, but I don't think pygmies do, and I have no idea about collinsiae.

I know rotundifolia self-polinates but that's the only one I have experience with. My plants seem to have their flowers open almost all day.. as long as the sun is up (wich in Alaska in the summer can be a very long time..)

I remember when my D. rotundiflora/spathulata flowered. I never saw them open. They probably only opened around midnight, I guess
confused.gif

Back