What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Temperate sundew for sarr pot

Hi!

Well, my pft.com sarrs are in their gigantic pot, looking good despite the trip, thank you Phil/EG. There is a green dragon f'rap in there as well.

I have space for a sundew, but it will need to be able to sleep like the sarrs will this winter. It won't freeze, but it'll get cold. So, what 'dew will do? And where can I get one?

Steve

A number of species would fit the bill and include the species able to take complete freezes: Drosera intermedia, D. filiformis var. filiformis, D. filiformis var. tracyi, D. rotundifolia, D. anglica, D. arcturi, D. stenopetala (the last 2 can be difficult.)

Other possibilities that have proved marginally hardy: D. pygmaea NZ form, D. binata, D. spatulata NZ, D. capensis, D. capillaris, D. brevifolia.

Thank you, Tamlin.

I have bought a specimen each of rotundifolia, intermedia, and filiformis tracyi. May they and you thrive alike!

Steve

Back