What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. paradoxa

Hi all. I acquired a d. paradoxa in a trade recently. Well, it appeared to die off after I stupidly put it in some standing water. But, I moved it and put it in a more suitable environment (higher temp, humidity without standing water). But, I dont know if its in the proper substrate. It was somewhat roughly transferred into a sand and peat mix. Now, Im seeing tiny runners coming off the what remains of the central portion. Okay, now the question: is sand and peat the correct substrate? I also have long fiber spaghnum available, but havent wanted to make a switch since I saw these delicate runners. Is sand/peat appropriate or should I change to the spaghnum?

I use peat and sand for paradoxa and it works just fine.

BTW, is D. paradoxa a stem forming species? Mine specimens is growing taller and taller all the time. Is this due to insufficient light? I have 72W of light at 6500K each (nine hours each day). The plant is about 15 cm (ca. 6") from the lights.

It is semicaulescent, slowly forming a stem. If it is growing again, let it be!

Back