What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. burmannii

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
I love this plant...it just sparkles!  Wish I could post the full size pic...it looks like you could drownd in the dew. Actually, as you can see in the pic, a few bugs have.

dburmanniiRS.jpg

Suzanne

o_o O_O (eyes widening)
wow.gif
Truly a jewel of the genus Drosera! How old is it?

Wow, what a stunning plant Suzanne!! You have obviously gotten the hang of growing these. The pic is well taken too (but when have yours ever not been
smile.gif
)!

great candidate for a cp picture library (should another ever be made).

-noah

Hi Suzanne, that looks just like my 3+ month plants too! I love these sundews; I fed mine a huge spider and it gobbled it up in several minutes! Great photo!

Suzanne,
Beautiful! What is the diameter of it? I assume it's mature, and I'm curious how close mine are to flowering....

Ludwig, no kidding! They grab food like little kid! Greedy little guys, no?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks guys.
smile.gif
I can't say exactly how old (ummm...Tamlin?) since I got it as a plant, not a seed. It was approximately half this size when it arrived...its probably close to 2" across now...quite robust and healthy. I have two siblings growing as well but they are still youngsters.

I love photographing all my plants. If I ever get my new camera...watch out!
biggrin.gif
I have a few more to post when I get a chance. Pic storage space is tight.

Suzanne

The plants you have are just about 1 year old, from seed that germinated this time last year.

You know, it's funny. No sooner do I ask the question...I go home to find a flower scape just emerging on one of mine! Go figure. Mine is only just over an inch in diameter, though
confused.gif

Anywho, do these suckers self-pollinate, or do they need assitance (well, I guess I would have to make a hybid with Capensis or Spatulata at this point...only one Burmanii is sending up a scape).

Hey, here's another question....do flowering 'dews make good scape-goats?

oh, ouch... that one hurt!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

If I ever find a goat growing at the end of a scape...I'll let you know. ;D

Back