What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3' pot looks cramp!

Hi people whats up!!!!

Well I have a little problem with my spoonleaf sundew. I got it a couple of days ago. And well this is my problem, It looks like there is three plants in this one little 3' pot. Two of the plants are on top of the one in the middle, and to make it even more dreadful two of the plants are sprouting flower stems. I think there flower stems. But anyways should I repot them in there own pot or should I wait till the flower stem matures. I wan't to repot them in a mix of peat and sand. And if I do repot them, what is the best way to do it with little shock or damage to the stem....
confused.gif
confused.gif

Don't repot them the look more cooler as a clump.
biggrin.gif

Well, D.spatulata seems to look nice in a clump, but occasionally a plant or two will be "lifted" off the soil by ther plants around it, thus it dies. I would let thme stay until they get really cramped looking, then repot, but sometimes I like to repot all into a large pot.

Usually 3' means three-foot. Wow, that is a huge pot for a little sundew!
tounge.gif

I think the 3' pot for small plants is a new thing. This is the second one this week. Lot's of room for the plants to grow tho'.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Ummm I made a boo boo. I mean those little 3" inch pots. But thanks for the advice!!!!
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigCarnivourKid @ April 19 2003,10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the 3' pot for small plants is a new thing.  This is the second one this week.  Lot's of room for the plants to grow tho'.
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I will take credit for the first one, Thanks BCK! It is that inconvenient Shift Key
tounge.gif
that decides if it is a 3 feet pot or a 3 inch pot.
wink.gif

Travis

Back