What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sundew Photos

Nice photos.
biggrin.gif

...hehe i posted that whole thing twice so let me put this in place of one of them....  hello every one...  hehe... now move along to the pretty pictures that Tamlin has provided...
andrew

here...  let me try to help!!
smile.gif

William Dawnstar and the HD-28 Sept. 2001
1032292088.jpg

Seed testa study example  
1032293651.jpg

This is seed of Drosera peltata, an example of the reference work I hope to produce

Drosera oblonlanceolata
1032293488.jpg

All the way from Hong Kong

Drosera neocaledonica

1032293330.jpg

This is a very difficult species for me. Here it is looking pretty good

Drosera coccicaulis

1032293041.jpg

Not a legitimate species, and this form is often confused with Drosera venusta. South African droserae taxonomy is very complicared due to introgression. What a beautiful plant is is though!

Drosera burmanii "red tentacle"

1032292919.jpg

These plants appreciate hot conditions and were grown in full sun in a sealed terrarium. Note the sililarity to Drosera sessilifolia.

Drosera graminifolia  
1032292697.jpg

Robert Gibson just sent me photos of Drosera graminifolia in habitat in Itacambria Brazil: it makes this humfle example look sad. Still, after all I went through to find seed of this species, I am very happy with it's progress.

Drosera sessilifolia
1032292309.jpg

The Brasilian counterpart to Drosera burmanii.

Drosera burkeana in bud
1032291845.jpg

This is the plant sent by Dr. Miloslav Studnicka of the famous Liberec Botanical Gardens in the Czech republic, another favorite in my collection

Drosera falconeri
1032291588.jpg

Here is Drosera falconeri sent to me by friend Phill Mann. What an imrpressive sundew it is!

Drosera venusta
1015913906.jpg

Another confusing member of the natalensis complex: Drosera "venusta": probably a specific form of natalensis.

Drosera peltata in bud
1012633918.jpg

A friend uin england sent me this plant as a tuber. It is Drosera peltata from Western Australia, and is in bud. I should see the flower open tomorrow, and am told it has a sweet scent. I have always wanted this plant since I was a child, so it was a very great gift. There are so many good people in the world

Drosera spatulata
1012196458.jpg

Drosera sessilafolia
1011981298.jpg

Here is Drosera sessilafolia from Brazil. It is the South American version of Drosera burmanii, but this "species" has more color. I doubt it will continue to stand as a distinct taxa as it hybridized with burmanii and the resulting seed is fertile

My Favorite Drosera
1011474646.jpg

This plant came from seed labeled Drosera montana but it was not correctly ID'd. I think this is villosa or graomogolensis. The first flower should open tomorrow morning and is white.

What beautiful plants
1032291192.jpg

Here is a photo of one of my rarest Droserae: Drosera uniflora from Valdavia Chile, just returned from summer in the fridge. Ther success has been with D. graminifolia and arcturi, also cool loving species. I want to try Drosera stenopetala next, but am told this is almost impossible to cultivate without a cooled terrarium. We will see about that!

there i hope that helps all of you!!  
smile.gif
smile.gif
 Tamlin if somethin didn't move correctly feel free to let me know...  or hey you are a mod fix it! hehehe
lates,
andrew
verry nice by the way!!!

dog gone those are nice those are all yours, lucky tamlin.  
biggrin.gif
 I saved all of them to my computer, except of course for the one of Tamlin himself.  
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

biggrin.gif
That one Labled as drosera montana kinda looks like the one arie sent me labled as D. auyan tepui. but I just got that today an hr or so ago.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
cheers
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Joel
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I have to confess that I saved the image of the D. falconeri to my CP photo collection.  I've seen a few other photos of D. falconeri and and they didn't grab my attention as this one did.  The colors are much more vibrant.  This one outshines them hands down.

same here, that is one of the most vibrant plants i have ever seen
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

Your plants are all so beautiful and healthy looking. You can tell they are very happy plants.
Shauntell

Tamlin,

YOU ARE THEM MAN!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

We are very lucky to have you bless us with your presence!

I was also taken with the D. falconeri. I have seen pictures before, but NOTHING like that.

Great pics, and yes there are truly wonderful CP people around the world.

I can't tell you some of the nice things that I have received and most haven't come from the states!

Well looky there, all in one place! Thanks Andrew. The photo labeled Drosera montana created quite a bit of confusion based on it's upright form. The seed was misidentified, and as it was from a grower of the Brasilian species I assumed that it was a South American species, hence my speculation that it might be villosa or graomgolensis. Since then I have become more informed on the South American plants:) When the plants flowered it conformed to spatulata, and I now feel this is the form from Fraser Island in Australia. I have seen similar forms called "lovellae" although this named form was a result of a single collection of a form with a different number of styles from the typical Australian form. I have nicknamed this plant "Tamlinosa" (which is totally illegitimate, illegal and probably unethical as well, but hey we all want to be immortal, right?)

Thanks for your kind comments!

I, too, must profess my amazement with the Falconeri. WOW!!
wow.gif
wow.gif

Now I want one.
sad.gif

Kinda looks like a cross between a rosette Drosera and a Ping, doesn't it?

It also looks kinda like the star my home planet orbits...
wink.gif
wink.gif
wow.gif

Hey where did my photo go? I mean, I'm no beauty but I'm not *that* bad!

i was just wondering the same thing... but i can't even find your picture on the page that i brought it over from anymore... strange...
andrew

Yes, it looks like someone removed it from where it was or renamed the image.

Small loss some would say :) No doubt the mystery will resolve itself, until then y'all will have to remember the unspeakable beauty of......me.

Ha, unspeakable beauty, eh?! Wow, those are beautiful plants. I hope I'm getting some of those in my mix!
smile.gif
My capillaris from Chris so far isn't looking too happy.
sad.gif
But my capensis is picking up nicely, dew and all!
smile.gif

I will gladly learn from the master *bowing to kiss Tamlin's feet*

*spitting and sputtering...."Oh yuck! can we skip this part?!"

Someday, with guidance and education, I vow to have such beautiful plants as these!
smile.gif

Great shot of Drosera falconeri.

It is amazing how different Drosera can appear depending on their environment, my D. falconeri sometimes looks like:

D_falconeri.jpg

Does anyone have information on how to propagate Drosera falconeri. I am especially taken with this species. Here in Tucson, Arizona U S A I plan to see how they do outside, where it is naturally very hot, with additional artificial humidity. Before I try this I would like to have propagation success, just in case it does not go well.

They have flowered often, but never seem to set seed. Division failed so far. Anyone have success? Please advise.

Pingman,

Nice scan! The plant seems different from my clone too. Too bad we can't cross them some way, I sure would like some falconeri seed to scan.

Have your plants ever gone dormant? I am forever worried about my culture as I am new to growing the petiolaris complex. I have a hybrid darwiniensis x falconeri that is acting like it wants to go dormant. I'm keeping the temps up, but one chilly night seems to have affected it. Any suggestions as to how best to treat it while dormant? Advice seems to be very conflicting on this score.

Back