What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aarrggg!

• Thread starter flytrapfreak
  • Start date
F

flytrapfreak

I can't get my aldea to get dewey
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
I keep it really moist I just don't get it
mad.gif

I rescued mine from a local grocery store and potted it in pure LF Sphagnum. I keep the sphagnum flooded most of the time and put the plant in a terrarium under florescent lights. The temp stays around 75F during the day. The humidity is very high. The plant recovered completly and was covered with dew within 2 weeks. It's starting to get a reddish coloration to the dew now.

What kind of conditions is your plant in?

The humidity level is probably too low for good dew formation.

Nick

You can use a clear container and put it over the whole plant. If you have a drill - drill some holes on the top to allow air to flow. Just make sure the container is big enough to fit the mature plant and pot.

Hope that helps,
travis

Flytrapfreak,
I had the same problem. I found out that I was giving it too much sun (Adelea like bright shaded conditions, at least mine does...) and I also had it too hot. 90 degrees was a bit much. I cooled it down and put it under flourescent (boy, I really can't spell). It's dewing much better now.....Sorry. It was THERE....I had to....
tounge.gif
wow.gif

Don't give your adelea too much sun, it'll burn its delicate leaves. I have a plastic dome over it at all times. It seems to need high humidity. If I remove the dome, they start to wither and lose dew. Its a pain, but what can ya do.
confused.gif

Back