What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My cuttings sprouted, now what?

Hi,

I decided to try to make leaf cuttings from some of my drosera. This if my first time trying this, and it sounded too easy to be true. I started with a D. aliciae, a D. dielsiana, a D. filiformis ssp. filiformis, and a D. dichotoma. It's been a few weeks, and they've all made sprouts except the aliciae, but I'm hopeful on that one too since the leaf is still very healthy looking.

So, now I have small pots full of tiny, tiny sprouts connected to a still-alive leaf cutting. On the filiformis and dichotoma cuttings, which are about an inch and a half long, there are several sprouts, about one every centimeter or less. How and when do I seperate the sprounts from the cutting and repot them? And exactly why shouldn't I always have a tray of these things going?
biggrin.gif

Capslock

sounds like your having pretty good luck with the cuttings!

you could try and cut the plantlets apart with a small pair of sccisors, and lay them on top of the soil in their individual pots. i usually just take the leaf cutting, along with the new plantlets, and pot that into one pot. i don't mind having several plants in one pot...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> And exactly why shouldn't I always have a tray of these things going?
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

i pretty much have some kind of cutting going at all times, year round. right now i have various sundew seeds (just sprouted last week&#33
wink.gif
and cutting going, in addition to 2 nep cuttings and a few vft cutting... keep propagating your plants and you'll always have some to trade/sell/give away!

peace,
technoracer

I had the camera out, so I thought I'd take a quick pic of my cuttings. Here are the D. dichotoma and D. filiformis cuttings:
Drosera%20cuttings.JPG

Capslock

I suggest you let them be for awhile. They apparently have enough room, and it is best to let them grow some good roots before transplant.

Nice! I was going to try this with my fillaformis, but then I got seeds...maybe I'll try anyway.
rolleyes.gif

Back