What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tuberous Drosera seeds sprout

I've got about 40 of them and I only had to wait 2 months. I'm very happy happy unless you couldn't tell.
BTW I'll post what types later.

You planted a little late, it's almost summer dormancy time! What species do you have?

Hehehehe its not to late I'm going to grow them in my cool basement under grow lights so they have plenty long to form tubers. I have a couple species Drosera menziesii, D. auriculata , and D . macrantha.
BTW, more seedlings are coming up each day.

cool! I have some tuberous drosera seedliings also (macrantha and aurticulata: 2-1). Umm...i heard that i should wait till they start dying down then give the dry dormancy. What have you guys heard about giving seedlings dormancy?

The plants will start to go into dormancy when weather gets hot... Keep them cool and they won't go into dormancy. Pretty much the opposite of plants that have winter dormancy (when it gets cooler they start dormancy).

Back