What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scorpioides gemmae

Boy, gemmae sure do grow fast. I sowed a few scorpioides a few days ago, and you can already see the first tendrils coming out.

Do I take it that I can/should keep water in the tray?

Thanks

Yup, when I had most of my gemmae (3 pots were taken by old man winter) I gave them as much water as the tray would take and they thrived in the conditions...with wet soil they grew like wildfire. Good luck to ya!
smile.gif

Tim,
yes, the D.Scorpioides gemmae that i recieved from someone did grow rather fast and i was quit amazed on how fast it did.
i recieved some gemmae from another group and i was told to sit the pots in water and have the water circulate or be changed each day but, i just leave the water in the pan that the pots are sitting in and they seam to be grow ok.
just make sure that the pan always has water in it and the soil mix is always wet.

You will need to reduce the watering as the spring progresses into summer: around June or so in my climate I begin to reduce watering by allowing to pot to drain for a day out of the tray. The species is sensitive to overwatering in this season.

I only had one pigmi survive (I think) and it was like instant plant, lol. I was a little bumbed about the others dieing(I had to sort through tons of very dead gemmea just to get some that looked like they might survive). Not surprisingly, the bigest best looking gemmea of all 4 types I got was the only one to sprout.

Back