What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera indica

Hi,

Look at this indica. It has a nice big flower and if you look at leaf in the left side of the picture you can see one leaf that rolled twice around its prey (Amazing, what a hungry plant). At the right you can also see a dead butterfly trapped by the plant.

Another interesting thing i find with the two forms i have is that this one has visible leaf petioles (zones at the base without sticky glands), while the other form i have has no visible petioles because the glands start from the base of the leaf. This is an interesting species.

Enjoy.

D_indica_Clydes-Green1.jpg

I keep it with my other sundews without special treatment.
It grows well in LFS or in a Peat/Sand mix. The plants get full sun (tropical sun because i live in Colombia) and the temperatures are betwenn 18 and 28 Celsius degrees. The pot always stands on 1-3 centimeters of water.

Just ask if you need more info.

Finally, the other "strain" of D.indica i have bloomed. Here is a picture for you all.

ALso note that this strain has glands from the base of the leaves unlike the first one, and the flower is paler (almost white) and smaller.

Enjoy.

D_indica_SAF-Natal1.jpg

Back