What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

W

Warped54321

Ok, I have a problem here.

The tips of the leaves on my drosera capensis are starting to turn brown and die, even on new growth. I've allready had one do this and it's almost completly dead. But then my stronger one started doing the same thing!

What do I do!?
sad.gif

-warped

Sorry to hear about your plants.

Can you give us some more information as to your lighting, temperature, humidity, and water?

From what you have already said, and without knowing anything other than the leaves are browning, it sounds like the plants are burning. This could be due to too high a temperature or from heat caused by being too close to an artificial light source or sunlight.

The temperature stays around 80F (about 25C) While the humidity stays around 85%. I water them everyday. Tray method about once or twice a week, and just watering from above everyday. I give a light misting 1-3 times a week. I'm not quite sure about the lighting, as that part of the light fixture's kinda got messed up (nothing dangerous) but it does say the number 18 somewhere on the thing. The plants are all in a 10 gallon aquarium.

My venus fly trap seems to be doing well
smile.gif
, but my capensis are in bad shape
sad.gif
(one was doing good for a while) and my spathulata's are starting to look weak.
sad.gif
thanx-warped
alien.gif

hmm... sounds like they are getting burned. i would decrease the light level and temperature and see what happens.
-Spec

Back