What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anbody want to pool on a lowrie order?

Here is a repeat of a post I did under "General Discussions" but since there are a lot of Drosera options, i thought I would repeat it here.

I am just curious if anybody is interested in getting together for a Lowrie order for seeds? You could get tubers too, if you did it quick enough. To be honest,in the past, we have seen some problems with mailing tubers twice in this manner(a little fungus).
Shipping is $20 AU(around $11.80 US) per order of tubers and seed. I would be willing to pay the shipping from Lowrie to me and then mail the seed/tubers to you. Maybe you could pay for one of my seed packs($4 AU/$2.40 US) for compensation.
I am just probing to see if there is any interest. If you need a copy of the 2002/2003 catalog, send me a SASE with 60 cents postage on it and I can mail you one(I also have an update from Feb. 5 with new additions and some deletions).
Let me know what you all think.
This would be for US residents only.

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

I am interested in seeing that catalog, and am sending you a sase. I might be into ordering some seed as well, thanks for the offer. I am always put off from ordering from Lowerie d/t the shipping and IRC's, etc. Thanks for the offer!

I'm in. Tamlin, in a few days my growlist should be ready on my website. Maybe you could recommend some you think would do well that I don't have now.
Tim

Hey Joe,
I would be interested in getting four or five seed packets and would be most happy to pay for one of your seed packs.
Thanks for the offer-
Brian
smile.gif

Is it true that the seeds from Lowrie are often misidentified or difficult to germinate?
I am interested in a couple of ping seeds(P.sharpii etc.) that he used to carry, but the seeds of most mexican pings are difficult to germinate when they are not fresh...

Yes, from our experiences in the past, the viability has not been that great. You ae paying for a chance to get a plant out of about 10 seeds. Best chances are usually the updates, because the seed is fresher.
There are some pings on the update from Feb 5th, but not sharpii. Unfortunately, it's not on the main catalog either.

Regards,

Joe

Joe,

I will be sending my SASE too as soon I can get your snail-mail address. I think I shall join this deal too. I always wondered what his material was like.

Good growing,
Joseph

Grif,
I sent you a PM (need you addy)...You can count me in.
biggrin.gif

I got 60 cents to spare. I'm interested to see what varieties they carry. Thanks for the offer Grif.

I'd just like to look at the catalog and see all the varieties ( I am of course not ruling out an order
wink.gif
)

Cole

Back